Managing Your Energy Bill
The information on these pages will help you understand some of the reasons for a high energy bill and what you can do about it:
- How to reduce your energy bill
- Reasons for an unexpectedly high energy bill
- What to do if you are having trouble paying your bill
- Complaints and resolving disputes
Your energy retailer is the company that sends you your electricity or gas bill.
The Energy Retail Code (Code) specifies the rules and regulations that your energy retailer must follow when supplying your electricity and gas. The Code applies to:
- all domestic consumers and
- small business consumers who consume less than 40MWh of electricity, or less than 1000GJ of gas per year.